It’s #TravelTuesday & I’m super excited because I’m headed to Barcelona this week with Smoochies! It will be my second time in Barcelona, I traveled there 10 years ago on a Mediterranean cruise with my family. I’m looking forward to enjoying delicious tapas, revisiting La Boqueria, Gaudí’s works and visiting the Dali Museum.
I’m almost done packing & wanted to share 8 of my favorite travel essentials!
- lululemon vinyasa scarf: I always get cold on the plane, and sometimes even a hoodie won’t cut it. I love the vinyasa scarf because it’s super versatile & can be worn many ways but it keeps me warm (not hot) on the plane without fussing with a blanket that usually ends up on the floor. It’s breathable, sweat-wicking, soft and cozy.
- J-Pillow Travel Pillow: From 4 hour to 10 hour flights, I swear by this pillow. It is so much more comfortable than those donut neck pillows. I could be sitting in the middle row & this pillow supports my neck. The pillow is also ultra hygienic, you can throw the entire pillow in the washing machine, not just the cover.
- Kiehl’s Cactus Flower & Tibetan Ginseng Hydrating Mist: The air is always dry on the plane, this spray is cooling & detoxifying and revives my skin. It smells great with soothing plant extracts & lavender, geranium & rosemary essential oils. You can spray it over makeup too so you can get off the plane being like #iwokeuplikedis.
- Flight 001 Spacepaks: My sis introduced me to Flight 001, (she’s crazy organized & clean…basically the Monica Gellar of the ohana) & I’m glad she did because packing has become so much easier with these spacepaks. I tend to overpack, but these spacepaks streamline packing…and unpacking by organizing items by category.
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray: I hate styling my hair but this spray makes styling easy. It’s a great alternative to dry shampoo, which doesn’t really work for me since I have black hair. This dry spray not only smells good, it builds volume and texture & absorbs oils at the roots.
- Totally B. Right skincare set: I’m obsessed with Benefit Cosmetics. I’ve been going to the boutique in Bucktown for years now. This pack of minis is reasonably priced & perfect for travel. The triple performing facial emulsions one of my favorite products. It’s oil-free and has SPF 15!
- Comfy shoes: I just got some new Hush Puppies that are crazy comfortable. I plan to do a lot of walking in the city and want to have comfy shoes while looking cute! These boots are light, water-resistant and have leather linings for extra comfort.
- Nut Allergy Translation card: I’m allergic to all nuts (except donuts) & unfortunately had to go to the ER while I was in Tokyo because I wasn’t careful enough when asking about ingredients. Having a severe nut allergy is super annoying and can definitely get lost in translation. I carry an epi-pen with me at all times, but having a card or a screenshot saved on my phone is a great way to let others know about my allergy so I can avoid a trip to the hospital.
Follow my travel adventures in Barcelona on Instagram @roxypopzchicago. Let me know if you have any recommendations on sights/places to eat in Barcelona & share what are your favorite travel essentials!