As 2017 comes to an end, I wanted to look back on all the adventures and traveling I did this year. From exploring the streets of a new city, indulging in various eats, to visiting museums and more…the stories and memories made are what makes each trip special.
Here’s a look back on my 2017 travels, including a few of the restaurants & sites I recommend to visit!
New Orleans, Louisiana
1. District donuts sliders brew: if you’re in NOLA, do yourself a favor and head over to Magazine St. so you can enjoy donuts from District Donuts! They change the menu daily, you can check their Instagram to see the donuts on the menu. We were also lucky enough to go a few weeks before Mardi Gras, so we picked up a King’s Cake with some of the most unique and delicious flavors: pandan, ube & lemon.
2. Johnny’s Po-Boys: This place has been around since 1950. It’s a casual counter-serve restaurant and they are famous for their po-boys!
3. Oak Alley Plantation: A historical experience where you can explore the 25 acres and learn about the impact of the Civil War. Highly recommend taking a guided tour, the staff is extremely knowledgeable and friendly.
Los Angeles, California
1. Kazunori Handroll Bar: this place is awesome!! Choose from a set menu from 3-6 handrolls. The fish is fresh and the rice is warm, the quality is on point. If you like sugarfish, you’ll love kazunori.
2. Smorgasburg LA: it’s a market for food and shopping, but mainly food. 😜 shrimp Daddy, Chichi Dango, Donut Friend, wokaholic and mama musubi are just a few of many food booths that I tried. Hands down, shrimp daddy & chichi dango are the ones worth waiting for. If you love hawaiian style garlic shrimp and shaved ice then you will love these!
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
We traveled to Bora Bora for our honeymoon. Bora Bora is a destination I have always dreamed of visiting and this trip was a dream come true. We flew to LA and stayed for a few days then out to Tahiti to break up some of the flying.
1. Conrad Bora Bora Nui: if you are looking to experience pure beauty and relaxation, this is the place. I have never seen such beautiful clear blue water, stunning scenery and white sand beaches. The overwater bungalows are unlike any other place I’ve stayed. It was amazing to wake up every morning with the ocean outside the window and being able to dive right into it.
1.Piroshky Piroshky: located in Pike Place market, this little Russian bakery has some delicious pastries they make daily. Get there early because the lines get crazy!
2. Biscuit Bitch: I loved everything about this place. From the signs that said “order here bitch” to the cheesy grits. They have a “trailer park to table” mentality and I absolutely loved it. Prepare for a food coma after.
3. Chihuly Garden & Glass: if you’re already visiting the Space needle, the Chihuly Garden and glass is a site you won’t want to miss. The sculptures are so intricate and beautiful.
1. La Tasqueta de Blai: endless pinxtos and sangria! It’s a self-serve casual pinxtos bar. One thing I loved about it too is that since I’m allergic to nuts, the server was nice enough to walk over to the buffet and point out each item to stay away from.
2. Quimet y Quimet: a standing room only tapas bar. One of the coolest places that I’ve eaten at, choose from a wide selection of montaditos and tapas. Everything was delicious! Definitely order the goat cheese with honey and caviar.
3. So many sites to see in Barcelona and just outside of Barcelona, will have to do a separate post, but my favorites were of course Gaudí’s Casa Battló and Sagrada La Familia, Montserrat and the Salvador Dalí museum.
Looking forward to travel adventures in 2018!